Peppermint Iguana did a DJ mix!
Below you will find a ‘funky-ish’ mix to get ya grooving around ya home during lockdown. As it is new year, you might want to make it your soundtrack as you slide into 2021
Radio DJing and actual club type DJing are two very different things. Whilst Peppermint Iguana Radio has been around for ten years now, that’s just picking good tunes, playing them and talking about them. We have never really got into ‘mixing’ and getting a crowd to dance. Until today – but without the crowd – or indeed the mixing if we are honest.
It is our very first attempt at doing this, so it is not particularly clever technically. It is just playing some funky tunes and trying to fade them into each other – sometimes incredibly well, sometimes incredibly poorly. Hence ‘mind the gap between this tune and the next’.
It is a mix of some of the funkier tunes we have played on the radio show, with a few older tunes we have dusted off for the occasion. There’s a fair few familiar tunes here remixed.
The words ‘funky’ and ‘groovy’ spring to mind. ‘Phat’ and ‘deep’ also spring to mind, even though we don’t really know what they mean.
Anyway, here it is
- Get Carter: BY THE BOMBAY DUB ORCHESTRA
- Transistor Sister: BY THE ELECTRIC GROOVE TEMPLE
- Creepshow: BY PLUMP DJS
- I wish you were here: BY JOHN CREAMER AND STEPHAN K
- Eternal desire: BY SOULSMOKE
- Can’t get away remix: ROLLOVER MILANO
- Smells like teen spirit: BY DIRTY FUNKERS
- Liquid spirit remix: BY GREGORY PORTER
- Get carter: BY PEAK
- Chasing the mule: BY VIKING GROOVES
- The cosmic cat: BY ROLLOVER MILANO
- Shaft remix: BY ISAAC HAYES
- Know how: BY YOUNG MC
- California dreaming remix: BY BOBBY WOMACK
- Save a little love: BY FAB SAMPERI
- Alcoholic drinks: BY SAMP BROTHERS AND OUTBOUND
- Sahara seventy two: BY THE BOBBY HUGHES EXPERIENCE
- Silent storm: BY LEGO EDIT
- Get cained: BY WIDE RECEIVER
- One love remix: UTAH SAINTS V STONE ROSES
- Mirror in the bathroom remix: BY THE BEAT
- Carter takes a train: BY ROY BUDD
Recorded at Peppermint Iguana HQ in one sitting on New Year’s Eve 2020 with a cider in one hand and a mouse in the other and we enjoyed it. Hopefully you will to. We might have a go at something dubby next!