Our Peppermint Iguana Radio Show on 15th February was a special tribute to our mate Tommy ‘the socks’ Davies, who sadly went to the great gig in the sky last week.
We were joined in the studio by old sparring partners Jed ‘the shed’ Butler and Dean ‘the teach’ Williams. There were contributions from friends in the form of audio clips and written words, there were tunes that inspired anecdotes of Tommy and there were laughs galore. Amazingly, there no tears.
It sounded like this
Toms show play list
- Crosskeys; BY DUMPY’S RUSTY NUTS
- Alternative ulster: BY STIFF LITTLE FINGERS
- Borderline: BY RADICAL DANCE FACTION
- Spirit in the sky: BY NORMAN GREENBAUM
- Problem: BY 100,000 BODYBAGS
- Wind beneath my wings: BY BET MIDLER
- Should I stay or should I go: BY THE CLASH
- Urban guerrilla: BY HAWKWIND
- Kinky Afro: BY HAPPY MONDAYS
- Please don’t touch: BY MOTORHEAD AND GIRLSCHOOL
- Zorba the Greek: BY JOHN MURPHY
- Skinheads in Leningrad: BY INNER CITY UNIT
- Well well well: BY THE WOODENTOPS
- Two beer or not two beer: BY VASCO THE PATCH
- Westcountry holiday: BY THE SKIMITY HITCHERS
- Brighton rock: BY QUEEN
- The knife: BY GENESIS
- Shine on you crazy diamond: BY PINK FLOYD
As terry Pratchett once wrote “No one is finally dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away – until the clock he wound winds down, until the wine she made has finished its ferment, until the crop they planted is harvested. The span of someone’s life…is only the core of their actual existence”.
Tommy’s ripples will be going on for a long time on their own. Hopefully this show will keep them going for a bit longer.
Terry Pratchett also once wrote: “Don’t think of it as dying, just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush”.
We are all in the queue mate. We’ll see ya at the bar.
Show first broadcast live on www.jacsradio.media on Tuesday 15th February. Next show on 22nd February will be our last from Jacs Radio. We aint going away though, watch this space for details of how to listen in the future