LANDED FESTIVAL SPECIAL
As hail stones battered the window of the studio, the Iguana Crew tell themselves, “There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing” – because we are just days away from our first festival of the season. Landed Festival.
For tonight’s show there was a heavy splattering of bands that will be playing Landed, alongside some hot new releases, a tribute to Prince, a look back at the birth of punk and – in a last minute addition to the play list due to a historical verdict passed the day of the show – a tribute to the 96 football fans that died at Hillsborough.
To listen to the show again, check out the mix cloud link below.
1. Raving Raven: BY THE INEXPLICABLES.
2. Bees: BY THE SWEETCHUNKS BAND
3. Beat on the brat: BY THE RAMONES
4. Boss Hoss: BY THE SONICS
5. Stay awake: BY THE UPBEAT SNEAKERS
6. Cipher: BY ZUB ZUB
7. Chalice in the palace: BY U ROY
8. No monarchy: BY KIDS
9. Queenie: BY REGIME
10. Fun done: BY DUB WAR
11. Everything you wanted: BY SPEAR OF DESTINY
12. Emergency: BY NINE NINE NINE
13. Kings of the world: BY DEPARTMENT S
14. Noise complaint: BY THE VEGETABLE COLLECTIVE
15. Why birds follow spring: BY ALTON ELLIS
16. I’ll forgive and forget: BY ROY HOLDEN
17. The old shool will rise: BY THE CHALK OUTLINES
18. Dub sinsation: BY REVEREND DREAD
19. Who the cap fit: BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS
20. Alone again or: BY LOVE
21. On top: BY THE BELLRAYS
22. Byker Hill: BY KILNABOY
23. Princess and the frog: BY THE JIM JONES REVIEW
24. Wild child: BY DONNIE ELBERT
25. Blood is thicker: BY THE UNDERCOVER HIPPY
26. Death of the festival: BY SLAMBOREE FEATURING BEANS ON TOAST
27. Hey hey hey hey: BY LITTLE RICHARD
28. I wish you heaven: BY PRINCE
29. Why? :BY TWENTY FIFTH OF MAY
30. Ninety six tears: BY QUESTION MARK AND THE MYSTERIONS
Show first broadcast live on www.dapperfm.co.uk
Show sponsored by Rhondda Cynon Taff UNISON, the union for public service groovers.