Peppermint Iguana don’t do festivals, if they did they would look a bit like Surplus Fest.
In the last four years they have held six festivals at three different locations. This year they return to the same site as last year, having struck a good relationship with the landowner after the 2016 event.
Surplus is an old skool event, organised by underground festival heads, for underground festival heads. They are all volunteers and the priority is having a good time whilst providing a space for the tribe to gather, rather than making a fast buck.
With bands and DJs spread over five stages, the line us is a veritable who’s who of the festival underground, including Radical Dance faction, Hawklords, the Omega Tribe, AOS3, Tribazik, Kilnaboy, Clusterfuck, The Sporadics, Dub the Earth, The Autonomads and Lacertillia.
Whilst there will be enough crusty-ska-punk-dub-stoner-rock-legends to keep the keenest of brew crew happy – and their dog – there will also be plenty of new music to discover, such as welsh outfits Captain Accident and the Disasters, the Chalk Outlines and the Biggest Things Since Powdered Milk, alongside Chubby Thunderous Bad Kush Masters from that London and Cornwall’s Cybernetic Witch Cult.
In short, this is set to be one of the best festivals of the summer.
On 20th June 2017, the eve of the summer solstice, three of the disorganisers of the festival, the Boy Fry (singer with Lacertilla and all round mover and shaker on the UK stoner rock scene), Steve Speed (techno head and trouble maker) and Torrie (old git, veteran scrap merchant from 2,000 Dirty Squatters and general rouge) joined us in the studio for a special radio show.
The result of that two hours of mayhem can be heard again by clicking on the cloudcast thingy below.
1. Surplus People: BY RDF
2. Scrap the church; BY 2,000DS
3. Go: BY THE DEFEKTERS
4. Spirit of 77: BY AOS3
5. 99% Uprising: BY BLACKSTAR DUB COLLECTIVE
6. Stonehenge pig bastards: BY BUFF
7. Last pain to skasville: BY PAIN
8. Fire up the engine of god: BY LACERTILLIA
9. Besties: BY CLUSTERFUCK
10. Awake for a reason (Slamfish remix): BY THE DHARMA VIOLETS
11. Living in a field: BY REALITY ATTACK
12. Government whores: BY TREVOR’S HEAD
13. Daily routine: BY BENJI 303
14. Coppers in the dance: BY THE AUTONOMADS
15. Broken Britain: BY THE SPORADICS
16. Back from the light: BY THE SKRAELINGS
17. Money people: BY CAPTAIN ACCIDENT
18. Molten: BY TRIBAZIK
19. Devil’s buttermilk: BY CHUBBY THUNDEROUS KUSH MASTERS
20. Smash it dub: BY DUB THE EARTH
21. Is this the future: BY THE OMEGA TRIBE
22. Something wrong with the right: BY THE CHALK OUTLINES
23. Shoeburyness: BY BLACK LIGHT SECRET
24. Byker Hill: BY KILNABOY
25. Hurry on sundown: BY HAWKWIND
First broadcast on 20th June 2017 on www.dapperfm.co.uk
High five to our sponsors, www.unisoncwmtaflocalgov.wales
Our next show goes out on the eve of the summer solstice and will preview the forthcoming Surplus Festival, which takes place in South Wales, 30th June to 2nd July.
Festival organisers Torrie, Fry and Speed will join us in the studio talk about all things Surplus and spin some of the bands and DJs that will be performing over the weekend.
The festival is basically a who is who of the current festival underground and has more of our favourite bands than you can shake a stick at. It is going to be hard work working out who we can leave off the play list.
Expect The Defekters, Black Star Dub Collective, 2,000 Dirty Squatters, Lacertilla, Clusterfuck, AOS3, P.A.I.N. Radical Dance Faction and much much more (so long as the Torrie and gang stop talking long enough for us to play some music)
To listen live, go to www.dapperfm.co.uk from 8pm o’clock hours till about 10(ish) on Tuesday 20th June 2017.
As usual, our most recent show featured bands we have recently caught live, bands we are going to see in the next two weeks and some stuff relevant to current affairs.
But sadly, we had to kick off with a tribute to long time friend of the iguana Tribe, Anne Nicholson, who slipped away to the great after party in the sky on Monday 5th June. Anne was an inspiration and wise head to the many of us who knew her and will be sadly missed.
To listen again, click on the mixycloud thingy below
1. Baka: BY OUTBACK
2. One love Utah Saints remix: BY STONE ROSES
3. Dub scientist: BY HEADJAM
4. This town: BY THE SKINTS
5. Ravin raven: BY THE INEXPLICABLES
6. Festival twenty three; BY THE SPORADICS
7. Fatman: BY REGIME
8. My back is fucking fucked: BY PIZATRAMP
9. If you bomb somebody: BY DAVID ROVICS
10. Doesn’t make it alright: BY STIFF LITTLE FINGERS
11. On the goulash: BY COSMO AND FLAPSANDWICH
12. Taco: BY SMERINS ANTI-SOCIAL CLUB
13. Dear fear: BY THE EXCELLENT SKELETONS
14. Brothers on the slide: BY CYMANDE
15. Earn your stripes: BY CAPTAIN ACCIDENT
16. Nationalism: BY QELD
17. Elfstedentocht: BY PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCASTING
18. Luciano Ponzetto: BY GRAND COLLAPSE
19. Liar liar GE2017 mix: BY CAPTAIN SKA
20. Where were you: BY THE MEKONS
21. Too far gone: BY THE WITCHES DRUM
22. Space shanty remix: BY LEFTFIELD
23. Do we really need a government: BY CAPITAL LETTERS
24. Strictly dub: BY DENNIS BOVELL
Originally broadcast on www.dapperfm.co.uk on 6th June 2017
High five to our sponsored, www.unisoncwmtaflocalgov.wales
With Merthyr Rising on the horizon and an election around the corner, we lined up a play list heavy on the politics to get us in the mood. We play some of the bands playing the festival and look at some of the subjects that will be covered in the debates at the festival.
Tragically, twenty four hours before the show, thousands of kids went to a pop concert in the Manchester Arena and not everyone came home. So the show includes love vibrations going out to the Peoples Republic of Madchester.
Listen again below (WE SHOULD WARN YOU – AT THE VERY BEGINNING WE HAD THE MAIN BLOODY MIKE SWITCHED OFF!)
1. Life love and unity: BY DREADZONE
2. Are you ready for me: BY PRETTY VISCOUS
3. Le responsible: BY JACQUES DUTONIC
4. Connected: BY THE STEREO MCS
5. You’ve got the numbers: BY THEE FACTION
6. I wish the Guardian believed I exist: GRACE PETRIE AND THE PC BRIGADE
7. Freedom for Palestine: BY ONE WORLD
8. All my friends are freedom fighters: BY EFA SUPERTRAMP
9. Broken things: BY SOLOVO SOUNDSYSTEM
10. Heart and bones: BY DANIEL RACHEL
11. Jah war madness mix: RUTS DC
12. Stand down Margaret dub: BY THE BEAT
13. Cheap school meals: BY BLACK STAR DUB COLLECTIVE
14. Keep on keeping on: BY THE REDSKINS
15. Big A little a: BY CRASS
16. Won’t buy it: BY REGIME
17. Fall of capitalism part one: BY CONSCIOUS YOUTH
18. What a party: BY MUDDY SUMMERS AND THE DIRTY FIELD WHORES
19. The devil went down to Ibiza: BY THE ALABAMA THREE
20. Breach the peace: BY SPIRAL TRIBE
21. Age of the robber barons: BY DAVID ROVICS
22. Chip away: BY TONY BENN
23. I feel like Jeremy Corbyn: BY SAM HARRISON
24. For the sake of the children: BY BEANS ON TOAST
25. Breaking into heaven: BY THE STONE ROSES
Show first broadcast on 23rd May 2017 on www.dapperfm.co.uk
Big fist pump to our sponsors www.unisoncwmtaflocalgov.wales – the union for public service groovers
Music and Politics. Do they mix? Of course they do. And to prove it, this week’s Peppermint Iguana Radio Show (also sponsored by UNISON) will be a Pre-Merthyr Rising Tunage special – featuring Stereo MCs, Alabama Three, Thee Faction, David Rovics, Efa Supertramp, Daniel Rachel, Dave Randall, Crass, The Redskins, The Beat, Ruts DC, Regime, The Sandisnistas, Pretty Vicious and much more.
It’s a month since our last show and we have uncovered a shed load of new music and been to see some cracking live gigs. This will obviously be reflected in our show this week – alongside previews of upcoming gigs and a few random oldies just plucked off the shelves.
Expect new choons from Captain Ska, Cabinet of Millionaires, Cara Means Friend and lots of bands that don’t begin with a ‘C’
Log on to www.dapperfm.co.uk from 8 til 10 of the PM
Show sponsored by www.unisoncwmtaflocalgov.wales
1. Janie Jones: BY THE CLASH
2. Janie Jones: BY CRIME FACTOR ZERO
3. Skankrobber: BY CARA MEANS FRIEND
4. Something wrong with the right: BY THE CHALK OUTLINES
5. Alchoholic drinks: BY SAMP BROTHERS
6. Punk wedding: BY NINA HAGEN
7. Sound and vision: B DAVID BOWIE
8. Barefoot in the carpark: BY SUZY CHUNK
9. Down the sewer: BY THE STRANGLERS
10. No time: BY THE SAINTS
11. Serve me: BY THE CABINET OF MILLIONAIRES
12. Hotter: BY THE GENTLEMAN’S DUB CLUB
13. Give it some beans: BY DEAD AT TWENTY SEVEN
14. Why so seagullrious: BY BANKRUPT PUG
15. Anarcho trustafarian: BY COSMO AND FLAPSANDWICH
16. DSP: BY THE SPORADICS
17. Area code: BY DREADZONE
18. Roxette: BY DR FEELGOOD
19. Progress: BY PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCASTING
20. True sons of Zion: BY THIEVERY CORPORATION
21. Salt: BY THE BIGGEST THING SINCE POWDERED MILK
22. The biggest thing since powdered milk: BY BUDGIE
23. Police and thieves: BY JUNIOR MURVIN
On 28th March Lyn Williams, one of the directors of the Merthyr Rising Festival, joined us in the studio to chat about what is coming up at this year’s event, which takes place between 22nd and 28th May 2017.
We chatted about what is on the agenda this year, changes since last year and logistics – tickets and so on.
The Merthyr Rising Festival will be back for a fourth year between the 22nd and 28th May 2017. Peppermint Iguana has invited the people behind the festival in to chat with us for a preview of the events on our show on March 28th 2017.
The show will feature music from some of the bands performing this year and a chat about the films, debates and art that will be part of the diverse line up of this event.
To listen to the show live, go to www.dapperfm.co.uk from 8pm till 10pm on Tuesday 28th March
The event marks the 1831 workers uprising. Throughout May 1831 the coal miners and others who worked for William Crawshay took to the streets of Merthyr Tydfil, calling for reform, protesting against the lowering of their wages and general unemployment. Gradually the protest spread to nearby industrial towns and villages and by the end of May the whole area was in rebellion, and it is believed that for the first time the red flag of revolution was flown as a symbol of workers’ revolt.
The event, now in its fourth year, is growing to become a major feature on the calendar of the labour movement, alongside Tolpuddle Martyrs Festival and the Durham Miners Gala. It takes place between the 22nd and 28th May 2017, climaxing in a three day music event in the town centre over the bank holiday weekend.
The event will include political debates, film screenings, art, theater and music. Headliners for the event are The Alabama Three and The Stereo MCs. There will also be a wide range of local beers and food available.
Merthyr Rising Festival and the Peppermint Iguana Radio Show are sponsored by UNISON, the union for public service groovers
Ed Shearn might have 16 tunes in the ‘top twenty’, but there be plenty of tidy new music out there that aint Ed Sheeran. Some of it is on this show.
Also some hidden gems and tastrs for gigs coming up in the next few weeks.
You knows the score – cloudcast below
1. White riot: BY THE CLASH
2. Run like the river: BY VINTAGE TROUBLE
3. Superman three: BY JOHNNY CAGE AND THE VOODOO GROOVE
4. The lion is the king of the jungle: BY THE CHALK OUTLINES
5. Leaning on a lamppost: BY THE UKULELE ORCHESTRA OF GREAT BRITAIN
6. Whole lot of love: BY THE BELLRAYS
7. No borders: BY K SAN SOUND SYSTEM
8. The illusion of freedom: BY PRIMEVAL SOUP
9. Scratching her away: BY ANGIE KIRBY AND THE NAKED CITIZENS
10. In the river: BY FAB SAMPERI
11. Lions share: BY AND THE WASTERS
12. Holy slave: BY UNIVERSAL HIPPIES
13. Mountain top skank: BY DREADZONE
14. Ghost riders in the sky: BY KING KURT
15. Big: BY NEW FAST AUTOMATIC DAFFODILS
16. Riff Richard: BY CHUBBY THUNDEROUS KUSH MASTERS
17. Treading water: BY THE PETROL GIRLS
18. Drifting down the river of slack: BY COSMIC TRIGGER
19. Stoned again: BY GALLIANO
20. Black betty: BY SPIDERBAIT
21. Soul power: BY KOLOKO
22. Photogenic dub: BY YOUTH WITH GAUDI
Its hard work writing new blurbs every week to tell you how tidy this show is. If you have heard it before you will already have formed your own opinion. If you aint, ask your mates, if you have any, or just bloody tune in.
This week there will be stuff like The Bellrays, Chubby Thunderous Bad Kush Masters and The Universal Hippies.
With a shed load of cracking new music to play with and loads of gigs coming up, this show was a bit of a belter
to listen again, check out the cloudcast below
1. I feel alright: BY THE DAMNED
2. Saturday night in the city of the dead: BY ULTRAVOX
3. Black dues: BY DREADZONE
4. Fight to durvive: BY THIEVERY CORPORATION
5. Riot soundsystem: BY PRIMEVAL SOUP
6. Number one: BY SPANNER
7. This is Wales: BY THE BARRY HORNS
8. Le responsible: BY JAQUES DUTRONIC
9. Smash it dub: BY DUB THE EARTH
10. Father Todd and his official Faustian bargaining kit: BY SENDELICA
11. Happy: BY SPEEDOMETER
12. Dancing in the breeze: BY GENTLEMAN’S DUB CLUB
13. Start at the back: BY CULTURE SHOCK
14. Tin soldiers: BY STIFF LITTLE FINGERS
15. Marine migration: BY THE HANG MASSIVE
16. Sasstanaquam: BY TIARIWEN
17. The black dog aint turning back: BY MILK
18. Moluscs: BY MWSTARD
19. Sweeden: BY THE STRANGLERS
20. Bella ciao: BY THE DOG FACED HERMANS
21. Elevation: BY TELEVISION
22. Skiprat: BY BUFF
23. Hurricane: BY MAASSI WARRIOR
24. Blood moon: BY TREVORS HEAD
25. Get carter part three: BY JAH WOBBLE
First broadcast on Dapper FM on 28th February 2017
Well. There’s a full seven days to go to the next radio show as we type this post, but the play list is pretty much done and dusted.
This is always bad news, cos there are bound to be some new tunes that fly through our radar between now and next week that we will feel forced to squeeze in. They are going to have to be real floor shakers to get onto this list though.
The play list mostly contains bands that are going to be playing gigs in the next three weeks and new releases that are too hot to leave out.
Without giving all of the game away, some of the gigs we will be previewing include Spanner, Dub the Earth, Sendelica and Speedometer, whilst some of the new releases featured will include Dreadzone, Thievery Corporation, Tiariwen and Mwstard. We will also be looking forward to the new film about Wales Expolits in Euro 2016 ‘Don’t take me home’.
Oh – and a look back at some of the albums released 40 years ago this week as punk was exploding.
Here at Peppermint Iguana we are lovers 365 24/7. We don’t need capitalism to tell us when to be romantic. So on Valentine’s Day this year, Gail Something Else joined us in the studio for an irreverent Anti-Valentine’s show.
To listen again, check out the cloud cast bellow:
1. Love is a four letter word: BY ROY BUDD
2. Je tem: BY FRANKIE HOWARD AND JUNE WHITFIELD
3. Our wedding: BY CRASS
4. Arsehole: BY GUTFULL
5. Music is the girl I love: BY THE GENTLEMAN’S DUB CLUB
6. Turning my heartbeat up: BY THE MVPS
7. Out of my mind: BY MUDDY SUMMERS AND THE DIRTY FIELD WHORES
8. Wild women don’t have the blues: BY IDA COX
9. I can’t come – demo: BY THE SNIVELLING SHITS
10. Safety pin stuck in my heart: BY PATRICK FITZGERALD
11. Moving on: BY KILNABOY
12. Million reasons: BY THE HIGHTOWN PIRATES
13. Spunk box: BY MAN
14. You don’t love me: BY THE GODFATHERS
15. Bloody mother fucking arsehole: BY MARTHA WAINWRIGHT
16. Valentine’s day is over: BY BILLY BRAGG
17. Peace and love: BY MISTY IN ROOTS
18. Free world: BY KIRSTY MaCCOLL
19. Love thyself: BY SICK NOTE
20. Impossible: BY SPANNER
21. You suck: BY CONSOLIDATED AND THE YEASTIE GIRLS
22. Jeremy Kyle fucked my wife: THE GIROBABIES
23. Sensual woman: BY THE HERBALIZER
24. You make me sick: BY SATANS RATS
25. Not nowhere: BY MUDDY SUMMERS AND THE DIRTY FIELD WHORES
26. Your hole is my only goal my love: BY PHAT BOLLARD
Love is all you need, some hippy once wrote. Or Love will tear us apart, as some miserable bastard once wrote. Whatever the truth, love has inspired poetry, books, movies, greetings cards and an untold number of songs.
To mark this year’s St Valentine’s Day, Gail Something Else will be joining us once more in the studios of Dapper FM to spin some tunes with the theme of love running through the two hours. Don’t expect it to be all soppy though, cos most of the tunes will actually be anti-love songs.
This is Not a Love Song by PIL, Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division and Love Song by the Damned are just three of the songs that will not be featuring cos they are too predictable.
However, you might hear The Snivelling Shits, Muddy Summers and the Dirty Field Whores and Phat Bollard.
To find out what makes it on to the final play list, go to www.dapperfm.co.uk from 8pm till 10pm GMT on Tuesday 14th February 2017.
Show sponsored, as usual, by UNISON, the union for public service lovers.
1. California uber ales: BY THE DEAD KENNEDYS
2. Torch Guantanamo bay: BY SUICIDE BID
3. Phone in sick: BY SICK NOTE
4. Dull: BY SLEAFORD MODS
5. Kick out: BY BACK TO THE PLANET
6. Enough is enough: BY CREDIT TO THE NATION AND CHUMBAWAMBA
7. As one: KEENO AND PAT FULGONI
8. Pavlovs plumbs: BY SMERINS ANTISOCIAL CLUB
9. Fascist dictator: BY THE CORTINAS
10. Empires: BY ELECTRIC SWING CIRCUS
11. No turning back: BY SPEEDOMETER
12. Thinking of the USA: BY EATER
13. Pigs : BY PINK FLOYD
14. Far journeys: BY MIRROR SYSTEM
15. Work rest riot: BY SCUM OF TOYTOWN
16. Hamburger meat: BY THE DEFEKTERS
17. Chinese year of the rooster dub: BY JAH WOBBLE
18. Garry Gilmores eyes: BY THE ADVERTS
19. All you fascists: BY BILLY BRAGG AND WILCO
20. Fuck off: BY THE ELECTRIC CHAIRS
21. They’re building a wall: BY DAVID ROVICS
22. When the man comes around; BY JOHNNY CASH
Novacoda, AKA Frances and Benjamin, are not just producers of their own brand of electronic dance music, but they teach music and promotion of music through their own studios and classes in the Poncanna Music Rooms, Cardiff.
Click below to hear them join Peppermint Iguana Radio in the studio live for their first ever venture into the world of internet radio.
1. Can’t Take the Heartbreak: BY NOVACODA
2. Smokestack Lightnin’: BY HOWLIN WOLF
3. History repeating: BY PROPELLERHEADS
4. Kill all hippies: BY PRIMAL SCREAM
5.A leap of faith: BY SLOWCOOKEDGOOSE
6. Cough Cough: BY EVERYTHING EVERYTHING
7. Arsehole: BY GUTFULL
8. Tear down the law: BY THE SPORADICS
9. Programme the Deprogramme: BY LITTLE ERIS FEATURING SPANA MC –
10. Life on Mars: BY DAVID BOWIE
11. Pigs might fly: BY RAILROAD BILL
12. Jailhouse blues: BY JCS HOPELESS SINNERS
13. Hit it and Quit it : BY FUNKADELIC
14. Trapped: BY KING THING
15. It’s only natural; BY BEANS OF TOAST
16. Black Dog: LED ZEPPELIN
17. Brain Damage: BY PINK FLOYD
18. Big Rock Candy Mountain: BY HARRY ‘HAYWIRE’ MCCLINTOCK
19. Groove is in the Heart (remix): BY WOWZA
20. Right On! (Radio Edit): BY SILICONE SOUL
21. Aint been to no music school: BY THE NOSEBLEEDS
22. Panama: BY NOVACODA
Forget fake news, flake news, disinformation, hypernormalisation, post truth society and sleaze. You can rest assured that the is 100% the real deal, with two and a bit hours of the best music from the underground, past present and future.
to listen again – click on ye olde cloudcast below
1. Power generation: BY SPEEDOMETER
2. Sunflower lynchmob dub mix: BY PAUL WELLER
3. 1977: BY THE CLASH
4. Sick on you: BY THE BOYS
5. Crumbling land: BY PINK FLOYD
6. Imperial reggae: BY PANNONIA ALLSTARS SKA ORCHESTRA
7. It’s grim up north: BY THE KLF
8. Trump: BY CASSETTE BOY
9. Impeach the president: BY THE HONEYDRIPPERS
10. American idiot: BY GREEN DAY
11. Blood in the barrel: BY CAKEHOLE PRESLEY
12. Boil yer blood: BY JIM JONES AND THE RIGHTEOUS MIND
13. Groove in in the heart: BY DEEE LITE
14. Trouble on the green: BY THE CARNY VILLANS
15. U don’t dance to techno anymore: BY THE ALABAMA THREE
16. Better: BY NOVACODA
17. How many more times: PAT FULGONI
18. Hard loving man: BY JOHNNY MOPED
19. Banned from the roxy: BY CRASS
20. Teenage depression: BY EDDIE AND THE HOTRODS
21. Down town: BY PETULA CLARK
22. A forest bird never wants a cage: BY CONSCIOUS YOUTH
23. Seasons: BY DUB THE EARTH
24. Deep down and dirty: BY STEREO MCS
In a world of fake news, flake news, disinformation, hypernormalisation and sleaze, you can rest assured that the Peppermint Iguana Radio show will be 100% real, with two and a bit hours of the best music from the underground, past present and future.
So forget the bullshit going on around you, clear a space, turn up the volume and just groove to the beat.
Playlist will include The KLF, Alabama Three, Pat Fulgoni, Conscious Youth, King Tubby, Dub the Earth and more.
Peppermint Iguana Radio was occupied to kick off 2017, with the shadowy figure of chaos, Tom Fowler joining us in the studio to talk about revolutions and spin some of his current favourite tunes.
To listen again, check out the cloudcast thing below
1. No leaders for the free: BY PAIN
2. The revolution will not be televised: BY GILL SCOTT HERON
3. Cold old fire: BY LYNCHED
4. Common ground: BY STICK IN THE WHEEL
5. Nation none the wiser: BY JOE YORKE
6. Ignorance is strength: BY BOLSHY
7. Freedom fighters: BY SPANNER
8. The Pleseymorgrath: BY THE JELVINS
9. Rentokill: BY RATBAG
10. Trees will fall: BY ATTERCOP
11. Freedom: BY CONSCIOUS YOUTH
12. Unarmed civilian: BY REGRET
13. Money for war: BY BEANS ON TOAST
14. Shut them down: BY DAVID ROVICS
15. CCTV: BY PIZZATRAMP
16. Touch me again: BY PETROL GIRLS
17. Deep cover: BY COSMO
18. Music and politics: BY DISPOSABLE HEROES OF HIPHOPRISY
19. Turncoat: BY GRAND COLLAPSE
20. Ecocide: BY RESISTANT CULTURE
21. Whoever invented the fishfinger: BY LEON ROSSELSON
22. ACAB: BY QUELD
23. Ahmed: BY LOWKEY
24. XXL: BY AKALA
Draw the curtains, turn out the lights, put up a big sign saying beware of the tiger.
Yes, ignore your workmates trying to drag you down the pub pretending to be your mate, tell the carol singers to do one, clear the floor for dancing. It’s the Christmas piss up you don’t need to leave the house for.
It’s the peppermint iguana radio show, sponsored by cwm taf local government unison, office knees up.
Expect a few Christmas tunes you won’t hear on any other show, alongside some no nonsense heads down boogie floor fillers
To listen again go to the cloud cast thingy below
1. Tear the place down: BY THE TOP CATS
2. Christmas shoppers paradise: BY CARTER THE UNSTOPPABLE SEX MACHINE
3. 2016: BY BEANS ON TOAST
4. Run Rudolph run: BY LEMMY
5. Rocking around with you: BY TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS
6. Rub a dum dum: BY THE YOBS
7. Transistor sister: BY THE ELECTRIC GROOVE TEMPLE
8. Move yourself: BY THE HEADMIX COLLECTIVE
9. Christmas Carpenters: BY GO HOME PRODUCTIONS
10. Jungle bells: BY SKINDRED
11. Dub jig: BY MANDRAGORA
12. Children of the sleigh: BY SANTA SABBATH
13. Aint no chimneys in the projects: BY SHARON JONES AND THE DAP KINGS
14. American Jesus: BY BAD RELIGION
15. Try dem best: BY THE MAJESTIC
16. Jingle bells: BY BROOKER T AND THE MGS
17. The snake: BY AL WILSON
18. Great together: BY CAKEHOLE PRESLEY
19. A very steam punk Christmas: BY THE MEN THAT WILL NOT BE BLAMED FOR ANYTHING
20. Ebeneezer goode: BY THE SHAMEN
21. Outer space: BY YOUTH AND GAUDI
22. Messiah: BY TANGLED FEET
23. Get down santa: BY THE JIVE TURKEYS
24. Merry Christmas from Hatfiled main: BY JO SOLO
25. Santa Clause dub: BY THE AGROVATORS
26. Santa: BY SKINNER AND TWITCHETT
27. I believe in father Christmas: BY GREG LAKE
28. What are you doing on new years eve: HARRY CONNICK JUNIOR
First broadcast 20th December 2016 on www.dapperfm.co.uk
Show sponsored by Cwm Taf Local Government Branch of UNISON, the union for public service groovers
The sand is running out of the egg timer of 2016. It has been an interesting year with many highs and many lows. But it aint over till the fat lady sings, and she is only now doing her soundcheck.
There are a still a few gigs coming up with the potential to be highlights of 2016, so for our penultimate show of the year a few of those bands popped by to help us get the party started.
To listen again, check out the cloudcast below
1. Electric Worry: BY CLUTCH
2. Hey dude: BY KULA SHAKER
3. Everything is cool: BY THE KARMINSKY EXPERIENCE
4. Huge ever growing pulsating brain: BY THE ORB
5. Love: BY THE SPORADICS
6. Salt: BY MILK
7. Turning my heartbeat up: BY THE MVPs
8. Love train: BY THE WOODENTOPS
9. Smoke: BY INNER TERESTRIALS
10. Sky high: BY CULTURESHOCK
11. Bridgend pink Floyd fan: BY CAKEHOLE PRESLEY
12. Kick out: BY BACK TO THE PLANET
13. Jimmy diggin cats: BY THE DIGABLE PLANETS
14. Purple haze: BY JIMMY JONES AND THE KING CASUALS
15. Borderline: BY RDF
16. Judy says: BY THE VIBRATORS
17. Kings of the world: BY DEPARTMENT S
18. Psychic attack: BY RUTS DC
19. Thank you reggae: BY JAYA THE CAT
20. Well I’ve been told: BY CAPTAIN ACCIDENT
21. Journey to Agratha: BY LACERTILLIA
22. Racist copper: BY KING PRAWN
23. Valium: BY BAD SAM
24. Three kills and you’re out: BY PIZZATRAMP
25. Extreme dub: BY DUBMERGE
26. Slick Steve: BY THE INEXPLICABLES
27. Every festival she does: BY ONE BLOKE AND A MANDOLIN
28. Let the fat lady sing: BY BEANS ON TOAST
The 2016 Festival season is long behind us, but the next best thing, the ‘festive’ season is hurtling towards us at a rate of knots. And with it comes a shed load of gigs to see out the year. Needless to say, this week’s Peppermint Iguana radio will be featuring some of the best of those gigs, concentrating on our mates that have helped make 2016.
We will also be squeezing in a few of the best releases from the year and if we have time chuck in a few party tunes, just cos it is that time of year.
Expect The Orb, Clutch, Sporadics, Radical Dance Faction, Inner Terrestrials, Laceretillia, Karminsky Expereince, MILK and much much more.
To listen live, tune in to www.dapperfm.co.uk from 8pm till just after 10pm on Tuesday 6th December 2016
Gail Something Else is a legend on the DIY scene. Festival promoter, singer, songwriter, saviour of badgers and book publisher. Now she can add radio DJ to her CV, as this week she joined up with Peppermint Iguana Radio to spread the word of Girrrl Power.
Go to the cloud cast below to check out two hours of chat and music, featuring a play list of all female fronted bands along with tales of singing novelty songs at men with guns, turning a merch stall into a full blown festival and getting all unnecessary in the House of Lords. She even gets her guitar out and does a track for us live on air.
1. Oh Bondage up yours: BY EX RAY SPEX
2. Homophobia: BY CHUMBUWAMBA
3. Need a little sugar in my bowl: BY BESSIE SMITH
4. Little baby swastika: BY SKUNK ANANSIE
5. Shave em dry: BY LUCILLE BOGAN
6. Where has our soul gone
7. Mansplaning: BY THE WIMMINS INSTITUTE
8. Freedom fighters: BY THE DEFEKTERS
9. Jenny and the changeling: BY THREE DAFT MONKEYS
10. Green green grass: BY THE BREWERS DAUGHTER
11. Oh no max mix one: BY SKKEWIFF
12. Don’t google that lump: BY HATTIE HATSTER
13. Betrayal: BY DOGSHITE
14. Free rob will: BY HONEYWITCH
15. Get orf my tits live session: BY GAIL SOMETHING ELSE
16. Jack shit: BY EFA SUPERTRAMP
17. Whose army: BY SUZY CONRAD
18. Heard it on the grapevine: BY THE SLITS
19. False peace: BY THE PETROL GIRLS
20. I drank the levellers rider: BY TARANTISM
21. Between your legs: BY MUDDY SUMMERS AND THE DIRTY FIELD WHORES
22. Anarchy in the UK: BY THE UKULELE ORCHESTRA OF GREAT BRITAIN
Show first broadcast on www.dapperfm.co.uk on 22/11/16
Show sponsored by Cwm Taf Local Government Area branch of UNISON
The night before America went crazy and elected a madman as President, we chilled out around the fire and had a think about some of the gigs coming up in the next two weeks and reflected on some of the goings on in the world.
To listen to our fireside chat, click on the linky link
1. Fire: BY THE GENTLEMAN’S DUB CLUB
2. On top: BY THE BELLRAYS
3. A song for bloke: BY THE LEVELLERS
4. Ronnie: BY THE SPORADICS
5. Faron young: BY PREFAB SPROUT
6. EVA: BY JEAN JAQUES PERREY
7. Eternal wheel: BY OZRIC TENTACLES
8. Dirty field whore: BY MUDDY SUMMERS AND THE DIRTY FIELD WHORES
9. In me shed: BY PUNKS NOT DAD
10. Truth and Justice: BY THE HURRIERS
11. Angry planet: BY NEW MODEL ARMY
12. Rebel soul: BY RADICAL DANCE FACTION
13. Dub version two: BY THE LAST TREE SQUAD
14. American idiot: BY RICHARD CHEESE
15. And the motorcade sped on: BY STIENSKY AND THE MASS MEDIA
16. Home sweet home: BY THE BREWERS DAUGHTER
17. Le grande bête: BY LE COD AFRIQUE
18. Churchill: BY AOS3
19. Calais nights; BY SKINNER AND TWITCHETT
20. I wanna be sedated: BY NOUVELLE VAGUE
21. Making a monster: BY DUB WAR
22. Golden Clouds: BY THE ORB WITH LEE SCRATCH PERRY
23. Dub Documentary: BY RIDDIM TUFFA
First broadcast on www.dapperfm.co.uk on Tuesday 08/11/16
Show sponsored by Cwm Taff Local Government Area Branch of UNISON, the union for public service groovers