This week we showcased the forthcoming Green Gathering and Kaya festivals, talked about current affairs, took the piss out of each other, spun some new tunes and some hidden gems from the past. Same as usual then!
Play list as follows
1. Chicken Squawk: BY MILLIONS OF DEAD COPS
2. Captivity is cruel: BY PRIMEVAL SOUP
3. Summer time : BY BILLY STEWART
4. My woman’s love: BY JIMMY RILEY
5. Immigrants and dissidents: BY WILL TUN AND THE WASTERS
6. Living in a rut: BY THE MOON BIRDS
7. Christian dior: BY ADAM AND THE ANTZ
8. Hookup girl: BY VIV ALBERTINE
9. I could be free: BY EFA SUPERTRAMP
10. What you see is what you are: BY HERE AND NOW
11. Fever: BY LITTLE WILLY JOHN
12. Too late to turn back now: ALTON ELIS
13. Anarchist in Homebase: BY TARANTISM
14. Hope and glory: BY THE UPBEAT SNEAKERS
15. What’s so funny about peace love and understanding: BY ELVIS COSTELLO AND THE ATTRACTIONS
16. Don’t touch me tomato: BY PHILYS DILLION
17. Kick out: BY BACK TO THE PLANET
18. Naxalite: BY ASIAN DUB FOUNDATION
19. Thinking of the USA : BY EATER
20. Natty pass im GCE: BY SHORTY THE PRESIDENT
21. Hear the trumpets sound: BY COSMO
22. Spirit of the radio: BY RUSH
23. You don’t know where your interest lies: BY DANA VALERY
24. I can only give you everything: BY NAZ NOMAD AND THE NIGHTMARES
25. The old school will rise: BY THE CHALK OUTLINES
26. Skank it out: BY DOPE BISCUITS
27. You’ve got a friend: BY CAROL KING
28. That summer feeling: BY JONATHON RICHMOND
First broadcast on 2nd August 2016 on Dapper FM.
Show sponsored by Rhondda Cynon Taff UNISON, the union for public service groovers.
Remaining tickets for the first two UEFA EURO 2016 quarter-finals – Poland v Portugal and Wales v Hungary/Belgium – will go on sale at 14:00CEST on Monday.
Source: Tickets: how to book your place in the quarter-finals – UEFA EURO – News – UEFA.com
We are back on air this week with some Euro related tunes.
Expect french dub, russian punk, slovakian ska and a shed load of welsh music.
To listen live go to www.dapperfm.co.uk from 8pm till 10pm (uk time).
Peppermint Iguana Radio is sponsored by Rhondda Cynon Taff UNISON, the union for public sector groovers
Only half way through January and we have had more news of icons of the music scene taken from us. David Bowie has often been described as a musical chameleon. Not quite. Chameleons change their colours to blend in, Bowie did the opposite, he changed his colours and others tried to follow.
His style changed many times over the years and in the process shaped the music of the last half century. Again, like Lemmy, it could be argued that his influence on others was as important, if not more important, than the music he made itself. Over the years, his style changes were not to everyone’s taste, but it is fair to say that just about everyone with a pulse will have enjoyed Bowie’s music at some stage in his career. This week we will be digging out a few Bowie numbers, and spinning some of the music that would not have been created without Bowie. We also pay tribute to Dale Griffin, drummer with the legendary Mott The Hoople, who passed away as we were putting the finishing touches to the play list.
And of course, we have our usual blend of new releases and hidden gems. John will be marking the 60th birthday of the face of punk rock, Mr John ‘Rotten’ Lydon with tracks from throughout his career and Clint will be continuing his mini-series on ‘the roots of punk rock, 40 years on’
For all this and more, tune in to www.dapperfm.co.uk from 8pm on Tuesday 19th January 2016
As usual, big hugs to our sponsors, Rhondda Cynon Taff UNISON, the union for public sector groovers.
you can interact with us via the facebook event page
Scientist have recently discovered a new heavy metal on the periodic table. Apparently serious consideration is being given top calling it Lemmy!
Well, that would be some tribute if it comes off. in the mean time, you will have to make do with the peppermint Iguana tribute, first broadcast on www.dapperfm.co.uk on 5th January.
Listen again below and check out the track listing
Peppermint Iguana radio #108 – 5/01/16 – last of the high rollers by Peppermintiguanaradio on Mixcloud
- Overkill: BY MOTORHEAD
- Ace of spades: BY PRONGHORN
- Feel your love: BY FELIECE TAYLOR
- Uh hu oh yeah: BY PAUL WELLER
- Soundman: BY BABYHEAD
- Are you ready for me: BY PRETTY VICIOUS
- Guts: WONK UNIT
- Under me sinting: BY REGGIE STEPPER
- Silver machine: BY HAWKWIND
- Broken Biscuits: BY THE DEVIANTS
- Seventy eight revolutions: BY STIFF LITTLE FINGERS
- Ballroom blitz: BY THE DAMNED
- Getting down: BY EUGENE BLACKNELL
- Red sky: BY LOVE BAZAAR
- The ugly one: BY KING STITT
- Bigger than both of us: BY DODGY
- Over the top: BY MOTORDAMN
- Abstract reality: BY LACERTILIA
- Don’t let me bring you down: BY LAURA MANNING
- That very night: BY HOLLY COOK
- Try try try: BY CAPITAL LETTERS
- Streets of St Pauli: BY THE ANGELIC UPSTARTS
- Gettin hip: BY OTIS READING
- Doesn’t make it alright: BY THE SPECIALS
- Last of the high rollers: BY SUNS OF THUNDER
- Masters of the universe: BY SALT TANK
- Goin out of my head: BY LITTLE ANTHONY
- Enjoy yourself: BY PRINCE BUSTER
Thanks to our sponsors, Rhondda Cynon Taff UNISON
On 22nd December we bowed to the pressure and put on a Christmas show. But hey, this is Peppermint Iguana; don’t expect Perry Como, Chris Rea or Slade. It is clichéd to be cynical about Christmas, we did manage to squeeze in a healthy dose of bah humbug though.
You can listen to the show again while you drown yourself in mulled cider, wrap your mince pies and bake your presents by going to the cloud cast below. Peppermint Iguana – and our sponsors Rhondda Cynon Taf UNISON – wish you a cool Yule and a hippy new year.
Peppermint Iguana Radio Christmas 2015 by Peppermintiguanaradio on Mixcloud
- There aint no sanity clause: BY THE DAMNED
- Drink: BY MARIO LANZA
- Jah war: BY RUTS DC
- Rub a dub Crhistmas: BY ANTHONY SELASSIE
- Rasta tell them: BY MACKA B
- Leave a little love: BY DIANE SHAW
- Santa Clause: BY WILD BILLY CHILDISH
- Rub a dum dum: BY THE YOBS
- Hey santa clause: BY THE MOONGLOWS
- The idea: BY ADAM AND THE ANTZ
- Aint no chimneys in the projects: BY SHARON JONES AND THE DAP KINGS
- Funky funky Christmas: ELECTRIC JUNGLE
- Just like honey: BY THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN
- Jesus loves America: BY THE SHAMEN
- Cold Turkey: BY THE GODFATHERS
- Hot Christmas: BY SQUIRREL NUT ZIPPERS
- Happy shopper: BY SIXTY FOOT DOLLS
- Money worries: BY THE MAYTONES
- Santa’s badass revenge: BY MOJOCHRONIC
- Run Rudolph run: BY LEMMY KILMISTER, BILLY GIBBONS, DAVE GROHL
- X ray style: BY JOE STRUMMER
- Dark streets of London: BY THE POGUES
- Seven nation Santa: BY MASH UP DERBY
- Santa was a skinhead: BY HARDSKIN
- Merry Christmas and happy new year: BY LEE PERRY AND SANDRA ROBINSON
- Keep on keeping on: BY CURTIS MAYFIELD
- Santa clause dub: BY THE AGGROVATORS
- Carpenters Christmas: BY GO HOME PRODUCTIONS
Tuesday the 8th December will be the penultimate show of 2015, so once again Clint will be reviewing some of the best releases of the last twelve months.
Expect clint to be spinning Scum of Toytown, Thee Faction, The Hurriers, Suns of Thunder, AOS3 and much more.
Who knows what John will play – probably his usual mix of soul, reggae and ancient rock and roll relics.
To listen, log on to www.dapperfm.co.uk from 8pm o’clock on Tuesday 8th December.
Big hugs to Rhondda Cynon Taff UNISON for their continued sponsorship of the show.
To listen to the first half of our ‘best of 2015’ shows check out the cloudcast below
Peppermint Iguana Radio # 105 by Peppermintiguanaradio on Mixcloud
Show to tie in with the national ‘We Shall Overcome weekend’ taking place at over 250 venues throughout the UK between 1st and 4th October 2015 – with a few other goodies thrown in for good measure.
Peppermint Iguana Radio # 101 – We Shall Overcome special by Peppermintiguanaradio on Mixcloud
PLAY LIST AS FOLLOWS
1. Greetings: BY HALF PINT
2. Double trouble: BY PUBLIC IMAGE LIMITED
3. Rent strike: BY THEE FACTION
4. The committee: BY TASK NUMBER ONE
5. I miss you: BY TINY TOPSY
6. I do it: BY DERRICK MORGAN
7. Bad day for BoJo: BY STEVE WHITE AND THE PROTEST FAMILY
8. Little seed: BY THE DEFEKTERS
9. Suspicion: BY THE ORIGINALS
10. Keys to your heart: BY THE 101ERS
11. Pearls and swine: BY EXIT INTERNATIONAL
12. Pig valentine: BY SIXTY FOOT DOLLS
13. Pink panther theme: BY LUDOVIC NAVARRE
14. A hard day’s night: BY PETER SELLERS
15. Itchy dub: BY THE SPORADICS
16. Run tings: BY INNER TERRESTRIALS
17. Water under the bridge: BY DODGY
18. Revolutionary love song: BY UK DECAY
19. You’re not gagging me tony benn remix: BY THE HURRIERS
20. I’ll save your back: BY RANDOM HAND
21. Finger mash: BY LEE PERRY
22. Back inside: BY CAKEHOLE PRESLEY
23. X Ray visions: BY CLUTCH
24. I am the virus: BY KILLING JOKE
25. You’re gonna love my baby: BY BARBARA McNAIR
26. I know she loves me: BY WILLIE BACHELOR
27. Life sentence: BY THATCHER’S BUSH
28. Cool down: BY DUBABUSE
To listen to previous shows, go to mixcloud
First broadcast on 29th September 2015 on community radio station www.dapperfm.co.uk
Show sponsored by Rhondda Cynon Taf UNISON, the union for public sector groovers.