Yes folks, we are back on air on Tuesday 5th July.
It’s been four weeks since our last live show and a lot has happened. The UK has voted to leave the EU, England lost to a part time team managed by a dentist and the Welsh football team have excelled all our expectations. Our trip to France to cheer the boys on has been an experience never to be forgotten – but not necessarily for the right reasons. Oh – and the festival scene is cooking nicely as well.
So expect a European flavour to our show this week, mixing in our usual off the wall blend of new music, hidden gems and cult heroes of the festival scene.
To join us for our return go to www.dapperfm.co.uk from 8pm till just after 10pm.
As usual, big hugs to our sponsors, Rhondda Cynon Taff UNISON, the union for public sector groovers
Remaining tickets for the first two UEFA EURO 2016 quarter-finals – Poland v Portugal and Wales v Hungary/Belgium – will go on sale at 14:00CEST on Monday.
Source: Tickets: how to book your place in the quarter-finals – UEFA EURO – News – UEFA.com
This week we amazingly managed to control ourselves and get the show done and dusted in our allotted two hour slot. In preparation for the forthcoming Euros, we had French dub, Russian hardcore, Slovakian ska, welsh language punk English hip hop and much more
1. Summer wine: BY NANCY SINATRA
2. Enter the dragon: THE UPSETTER
3. Together stronger: BY MANIC STREET PREACHERS
4. Vive la revolution: BY THE ADICTS
5. Where’s my money: BY WILLIE JONES
6. Stay a little bit longer: BY DELANO STEWART
7. Pour qui some le dub: BY DUBAMIX
8. Too drunk to fuck: BY NOUVELLE VAGUE
9. No future: BY THE SEX PISTOLS
10. King bee: BY SLIM HARPO
11. Mafia: BY SKA2TONICS
12. Papers please: BY MOSCOW DEATH BRIGADE
13. The Russians are coming: BY CAPTAIN SENSIBLE
14. Goodbye Toulouse: BY THE STRANGLERS
15. Rhywelyn Moscow: BY ANHREFEN
16. Mint SOS: BY Y SYBS
17. Sweet dreams: BY CAKEHOLE PRESLEY
18. England’s irie: BY BLACK GRAPE
19. Spirit of fifty eight: BY ARGUMENT CITY
20. Book of rules: BY THE HEPTONES
21. Leave me alone: THE ANGELIC UPSTARTS
22. Bing bong: BY SUPER FURY ANIMALS
23. No Vietcong: BY MOHAMMED ALI
24. Ali: BY TRINITY
25. I’m a little mixed up: BY BETTY JAMES
26. Death of the European: BY THE THREE JOHNS
Originally broadcast on www.dapperfm.co.uk
Show Sponsored by Rhondda Cynon Taff UNISON
We are back on air this week with some Euro related tunes.
Expect french dub, russian punk, slovakian ska and a shed load of welsh music.
To listen live go to www.dapperfm.co.uk from 8pm till 10pm (uk time).
Peppermint Iguana Radio is sponsored by Rhondda Cynon Taff UNISON, the union for public sector groovers
Jade French was 14-years-old when she ripped out a handful of images from some magazines, crudely glued them to a piece of A4 paper, and photocopied sheet after sheet at her local corner shop. She was fed up with how she was being treated simply because she was a girl, and was going to let the world know about it. Thus began her first zine, Ladyfingers.
Source: Zines: How the internet helped a printed outlet for outsiders and nerds thrive | Lifestyle | The Independent